Bridgeport “J” (Step Pulley) Head Rebuild
1. Set up and test run the head for proper operation at all speeds and feed before disassembly.
2. Disassemble and clean each component of the upper head, inspection for damage or excessive wear, and inform you of problems we find that will be over and above the standard rebuild.
3. Install new upper head bearings, belts, bushings, and keys into the upper half of the head (these parts are included in the cost of the rebuild).
4. Remove the spindle, disassemble, clean, and flush the bearings. Repack with new high-speed grease. Reassemble and test for proper operation.
6. Time required to complete the above-proposed repairs will be one to three days once on the bench. Time to bench is usually between 1-3 weeks, please call to get the current lead time.
7. All freight to and from our facility will be additional. We can help you set up freight if needed. Please call and ask Virginia for a freight quote.
Please call or email for current pricing.
If you would like to send in your head to be rebuilt please call us at 1-800-285-5271. Remember to also put your contact information with the head.