Bridgeport “J” (Step Pulley) Head Rebuild
1. Set-up and test run the head for proper operation in all speed and feed before disassembly.
2. Disassemble and clean each component of the upper head, inspection for damage or excessive wear and informing you of problems we find that will be over and above the standard rebuild.
3. Install new upper head bearings, belts, bushings, and keys into the upper half of the head (these parts are included in the cost of the rebuild).
4. Remove the spindle, disassemble, clean, and flush the bearings. Repack with new high speed grease. Reassemble and test for proper operation.
5. Reassemble the head and test for proper operation.
6. Time required to complete the above-proposed repairs will be one to three days once on the bench. Time to bench is usually between 1-3 weeks, please call to get the current lead time.
7. Parts listed above and labor required to complete the above-proposed repairs will be $895.00.
8. Any additional required or requested parts will be at an additional charge and will not be ordered without the prior approval of your company. Generally a Step Pulley rebuild costs between $1,800 – $2,200.
9. All freight to and from our facility will be additional. We can help you set up freight if needed. Please call and ask for Virginia for a freight quote.
10.If the spindle bearings need to be replaced add $325.00
If you would like to send in your head to be rebuilt please call us at 1-800-285-5271. Remember to also put your contact information with the head.