These lathes are equipped with geared headstock, hardened and ground bed ways. Larger models are built on one piece casting bases for rigidity. Available in 16 x 40, 16 x 60, 18 x 40, 18 x 60, and 18 x 80 vari-speed or 12-speeds. Click on second picture for specifications.
- The spindle is mounted on 2 precision tapered roller bearings and one ball bearing. This triple bearing support system ensure accuracy and rigidity at all times.
- The headstock can be adjusted for heavy irregular work piece at high speed turning to ensure vibration free operations.
- Handles that are used for engaging gears are built with locking pins to prevent the handles from being knocked out of place accidentally or under heavy cutting
- circumstances. Repositioning of handles is done by pulling the spring-loaded handle back and then shifting.
- The universal gearbox design allows easy selection of inch and metric threading by just turning the lever to the assigned position instead of changing individual
- gears outside the headstock.
- Selection of gears at the gearbox is done by a rotational style lever that results in less movement of the gears compare with the back-and-forth shifting style lever.
- Less movement of the gears means less wear and greater accuracy.
- For maximum stability and minimum distortion, the entire base of the machine is made out of one-piece casting. The casting is made from high quality Meehanite
- process to ensure high tensile strength with excellent vibration dampening features.
- The gapped bed design allows extra large work piece to be chucked at the spindle when the gap is taken out.
- Bedways are induction hardened and ground for durability.
- Headstock gears are hardened and ground, made out of Chrom-Moly alloy steel for maximum wear.
- The headstock is equipped with a job button that allows inching movement of the spindle for easy engagement of gears.
- One shot lube system is installed in the apron to direct lube oil to all the sliding surfaces.
There are no reviews yet.