Complete Bridgeport Series I Rebuild
2. Remove the head from the knuckle, knuckle from the ram, ram from the turret, turret from the base, table from the saddle, saddle from the knee and knee from the base.
3. Clean and examine all base components for damage or excessive wear.
4. Grind the top, sides and way surfaces on the table as required to proper flatness and alignment.
5. Grind all way surfaces on the top and bottom of the saddle to proper flatness and alignment.
6. Grind all way surfaces on the top of the knee to proper flatness and alignment.
7. Hand-Scrape the top of the saddle to the bottom of the table to proper fit.
8. Hand-Scrape the saddle/table gib to proper fit.
9. Hand-Scrape the bottom of the saddle to the top of the knee to proper fit.
10. Hand-Scrape the saddle/knee gib to proper fit.
11. Clean and flush the lubrication system, checking all lines for crimps and abrasions, repairing as required and install new oil meters (10 required).
12. Install new acme screws & nuts into the X&Y axis on the base.
13. Install new felt way wipers on the base of the machine (6 required).
14. Reassemble and test each component of the base for proper operation.
15. Set-up and test run the head for proper operation in all speed and feed before disassembly.
16. Disassemble and clean each component of the upper head, inspection for damage or excessive wear and informing you of problems we find that will be over and above the standard rebuild.
17. Install new upper head bearings, bushings, belts and keys into the upper half of the head (these parts are included in the cost of the rebuild).
18. Remove the spindle, disassemble, clean and flush the bearings, repack with new high-speed grease, reassemble and test for proper operation.
19. Reassemble the head and test for proper operation
20. Hand-paint the mill machine gray
21. Time required to complete the above-proposed repairs will be three to four weeks.
22. Labor and parts required to complete the above-proposed repairs will be $7,141.42.
23. Any additional required or requested parts will not be ordered without the prior approval of a representative of your company. Rebuilds usually cost between $7,400 – $8,400 (This is dependent on the extent of damage).
24. If you would like rolled Ballscrews in place of the acme screws add $300.00
25. If the spindle bearings need to be replaced add $325.00
26. Freight to and from our facility is additional. If you need help with shipping please contact Virginia and she can help you with a shipping quote.